Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oxygen Shoot



Hi everyone!

So, in my last post I mentioned I had shoot with Oxygen Magazine "next week". Well it was yesterday and so much fun! I had an absolute blast. The night before can be a little stressful because of everything I have to get done and get together. My "To Do" List--> two 45mins sessions of cardio, work , do weights, get my nails done, shower, go get a spray tan, then blow dry and straighten my hair. Not to mention pack all my meals for the day and be up at 5am on the road no later than 6 30am to Toronto (**I am not a morning person. I normally dont function before 7am lol seriously). I also don't have a GPS so I oldschool it with written directions haha (which turned out fine btw!) I was afraid I might get lost since I hadn't been yet. Oddly enough, I got everything done in good timing! :D

The Studio. Paul's studio is amazing!! They are still doing tons of renovations but the main shoot area is complete. The best way to explain it is, a giant warehouse building with garage doors separating all the different rooms from one another. So he basically has a bunch of studios under one roof. Totally awesome! My fav. has to be this little room they call "Grandpa's Basement" lmao I love it. I hope to get some wicked shots in there sometime in the future!

For those of you who know me know I NEVER straighten my hair! Well it was PIN straight for the shoot and I actually liked it! Before whenever I tried to straighten it, I'd just turn into a tree-haired person who looked like they got struck by lightening. I guess I have a better straightener now or something haha! I got my makeup done first thing by the amazing Valeria Nova and of course I loved it!

Next, I was trying on atleast 6 different outfits and did some fun shots at the beginning of the day. I hope something good comes out of them! The whole crew is so easy going and fun to be around. After that, we moved on to the training and I shot a workout for the Off The Couch Special coming out soon. There was a videographer there and I went cold right when I saw her hahah omg. Did not expect that. Im not exactly looking forward to seeing how I look/sound on video... Im not gunna lie, I was totally awkward lmao Who knows they might not even post it though! At the end of the shoot I had a massive laugh attack over the smallest things lol everything was just extra funny. I think it was just with the combo of being over tired and Paul's hilarious comments that I couldn't stop. It was a perfect ending to an amazing day!


This is the only 'behind the scenes' shot I got, Paul and I in Subway with matching shades....sweet. hahah

Good Night!


www.purnutrition.com


4 comments:

  1. sounds like u had a blast!! congrats girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so fun Rachel!!!! Your blog is awesome and so are you!
    Let's see if I can get a comment to work this time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like SO much fun Rach! I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou guys!! And thanks Tami <3 :)

    ReplyDelete