Friday, July 15, 2011

Shoots & Shows!

Hey everyone! Time has literally flown by and I am 1 week away from my second Canadian Nationals. Yipes! I feel fine in terms of my energy and feel my body is where it should be. I just received my beautiful suit today by Competitive Edge Designs and I can’t wait to wear it. The show is in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan so this will be my first time flying anywhere to compete.

I sort of scared myself by creeping on other competitors or attending shows hahah this always seems to be the same issue with me when getting close to a show. I am not as heavily muscled as most of the girls and the girls that I’ve seen (aka been creeping lmao), so I don’t know how the show will go….. but I’m going in optimistically and with a cloud free mind. Regardless of my outcome I really enjoy the competition itself, my prep, and the challenge. I have my fiancĂ© Dorian coming with me and my best friend IFBB Fitness Pro Jodi Boam to cheer me on so I know I’m going to have a great time! Dorian especially has been such an amazing help and my #1 supporter :) Couldn't do it without him. I am so glad Jodi decided to come! Competing without her around would be....weird. I have a feeling she might sneak that dang video camera of hers and record some stuff lol.


The last 2 days have been very fun, eventful and draining at the same time. I had a video shoot with Oxygen Magazine at RKP Headquarters…. and let me tell you that they were making me work up a sweat lol! I had to perform a series of exercises that will be posted on their website, www.Oxygenmag.com .

The following day I had a photo shoot with Oxygen Mag again on location at Wynn gym in Mississauga. I’ve never shot “on location” in a gym before so it was fun! At one point I was supposed to be "speed walking" on the treadmill, really moving my arms, and I just couldn't stop laughing because I apparently forgot how to walk... I was stomping on it like a cave man, same hand and foot going down at the same time. Everyone was like wow wow wow whats going on with these pics hahah I guess that's what you call diet brain.
Paul Buceta was the photographer for the day and he always keeps me laughing! Here is a pic I took of him from where I was sitting, climbing all over the gym equipment to get “the perfect shot” LOL! I was worried for him……but luckily, there were no spills. hahah

Well that’s my update for now, don't forget to check out Pur Nutrition Online for amazing deals! http://www.purnutrition.com/ 
Also, check out this video with me and Six Star Pro Nutrition if you get a chance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyG-aTBDEVI


Wish me luck! :)
Photo Cred: Paul Buceta (http://www.paulbuceta.com/) Makeup: Valeria Nova (http://www.valerianova.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment